New features in WEXAL® Page Speed Technology (hereinafter referred to as "PST") and update information from the previous version.
- Bug fix for PST Manager Dashboard that duplicated KUSANAGI profile could be shown.
- Bug fix for PST Manager Dashboard in English when update is available.
- Bug fix for PST Manager Dashboard after initializing PST settings from PST Manager.
- PST Manager supports English interface. If preferred language of the browser is set other than Japanese, English interface is shown.
- At WEXAL Service start up, kernel parameters are automatically set if the values are below than followings.
- fs.inotify.max_queued_events = 65535
- fs.inotify.max_user_instances = 65535
- fs.inotify.max_user_watches = 1048576
- Bug fix failure of profile initialization when migrating from PST (2.x).
- Changes made due to update of puppeteer.
- API service settings have been changed.
- Bug fix for "pst remove" command that did not stop the "watch" service.
- Generating optimization strategies no longer increases Google AdSense traffic.
- Resource Monitoring Service has been updated.
- Reduced memory consumption by Resource Monitoring Service.
- Improved performance of Resource Monitoring Service.
- Resource Monitoring Service logs added to PST Manager.
- Bug fix for problem of "pst lighthouse" command not working on KUSANAGI 9.
- Fixed warning messages in PST Manager when there was a KUSANAGI profile for LAMP.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "wp_remove_meta" directive from working in certain environments.
- PST logs have been discontinued. Use Resource Monitoring Service logs instead.
- Fixed a bug that prevented strategies from being generated when less than 2 GB of free memory was available.
- KUSANAGI profiles can be managed in PST Manager. You can check the host name (FQDN), enable/disable “fcache/bcache/ratelimit”, and configure SSL settings. PST profiles are also in scope. Note, "bcache" can be changed only for WordPress profiles.
- KUSANAGI profiles can be added (provisioning) on PST Manager. Provisioning is supported only for WordPress.
- KUSANAGI profiles can be selected and PST started ("pst init") on PST Manager.
- When the "pst opt" command is executed, a list of files targeted for optimization will be output.
- When the "pst purge" command is executed, a list of files to be purged will be output.
- Bug fix for malfunctioning "pst" command.
- Relocated "Optimizing resources/Remove optimized resources" from the basic settings tab to the Resource Optimization tab.
- Current Python modules updated.
- Specifying a non-existent file/directory in the "pst opt" command will result in an error.
- An error will occur if a non-existent file/directory is specified with the "pst purge" command.
- Bug fix for unwanted strings output on AMP enabled web pages.
- Current Python modules updated.
- When free memory becomes less than 2GB, the browser pre-launched for use by "puppeteer" will be closed. Also, if the free memory becomes 2GB or more, the browser used by "puppeteer" will again be pre-launched.
- Bug fix for problem preventing PST Manager from displaying resource hints on pages that did not contain resources.
- KUSANAGI 8 now supports PHP 8.0.
- Bug fix for problem that prevented "lua > config > aituntil" from being enabled in "pst.config.yaml".
- Bug fix for failure of "pst purge expires" command.
- The "pst" command logs are now rotated.
- Health check page has been added to PST Manager. It will display as "normal" when all of the following criteria are met.
- PST is on
- “watch” is on
- Optimization strategies for pc/mobile are being generated for the top page.
- The optimization strategy and resource optimization queues are empty.
- Bug fix for the "WEXAL Reverse Proxy Limited Edition" set-up page.
- "User-Agent Client Hint" is now supported as a determining factor in browser environment.
- Bug fix for a problem with multiple values in the PST Manager settings for exclude directives.
- Bug fix for a problem that prevented "--priority" from being enabled in the "pst opt all/image/js/css" command.
- Bug fix for failure of "pst config crawl" command.
- You can now check "proxy"/"webfont" logs in PST Manager. You can also check "reversproxy" logs in reverse proxy.
- Bug fix for problem of unnecessary output to the "nginx" “error.log”.
- Bug fix for rare cases of reverse proxies generating invalid random strings in "dbname/dbuser/dbpass".
- When PST is disabled, the "pst config crawl" command will now display an error.
- Bug fix to exclude correctly when a slash (/) is placed at the end of a directory in "global_excluded".
- Bug fix in reverse proxies to return a 404 message when there is no image/CSS/JS content in the original server.
- Bug fix in the "proxy" directive to return a 404 message when there is no image/CSS/JS content in the original server.
- Bug fix for issue where PST logs were not displayed in PST Manager.
- The "proxy" directive can now be used as an optimization strategy even if the "lazy load" directive is not enabled.
- Other than those targeted for optimization, the reverse proxy no longer stores resources locally.
- Other than those targeted for optimization, the "proxy" directive no longer stores resources locally.
- The FQDN for profiles can now be viewed in PST Manager.
- Reverse proxy FQDN and reverse proxy destination can now be viewed in PST Manager.
- New customization of the Optimization Strategy Service.
- Customization can be done in the PST configuration file under "lua > dynamic > config".
- Preload of LCP (Largest Contentful Paint) images is now determined when the page is displayed, not when the strategy is generated.
- DNS name resolution optimization for external resources is now determined when the page is displayed, not when the strategy is generated. Also, "preconnect" attributes are only generated for the most referenced "href" on the page.
- Bug fix for an error when enabling "fcache" on KUSANAGI 9 reverse proxy.
- In the "pst config cluster" command, fixed to generate "david.outlier.config.yaml" if there are outliers that the strategy cannot classify into a cluster.
- Now supports KUSANAGI 9.
- "pst config crawl" and "pst config cluster" commands have now been added. These commands replace the previous "pst config ai" command to match the new optimization strategy services.
- The "pst status" command has now been added to display resource optimization and optimization strategy status.
- Bug fix for problem that caused HTTP responses to be empty under certain conditions.
- The "pst config ai" command has been discontinued. Please use the "pst config crawl" command and the "pst config cluster" command.
- Bug fix for a problem in which LCPs were not reflected in the optimization strategy.
- The Optimization Strategy Service has been revamped.
- When using "puppeteer" to display a web page in a browser, performance of the optimization strategy has been improved by not crawling each web page.
- By storing less data to reproduce the display of the web page, the size of the optimization strategy database has been reduced.
- When there is more than 2 GB of free memory, the time required to reproduce the display of a web page is reduced by pre-launching the browser used by "puppeteer". If there is less than 2GB of free memory, the browser will be launched when the web page is reproduced.
- When updating from PST 3.1.0 or earlier versions, the optimization strategy will be initialized. PST Manager "engagement delay exclusion settings" will temporarily disappear, but will reappear once the optimization strategy is generated.
- Bug fix for a problem with the "engagement delay" directive appearing when the "wp shorten url" directive is disabled.
- Improvements so that the HTTP header inherits from the request server when retrieving resources via "proxy" and "webfont".
- Changed the user agent to Lighthouse when using "puppeteer" to reproduce web pages in a browser.
- The "wp shorten url" directive is no longer applied by default to optimization strategies.
- When a new version of PST is released, a message will now be displayed in PST Manager.
- Bug fix for an issue where nothing was displayed when the profile did not exist in PST Manager.
- Improved wording and messages in PST Manager.
- Fixed "pst init" command to revert configuration files for "httpd" to before "pst" was applied.
- The command "gifsicle" is now used instead of "kusanagi-gifsicle".
- PST versions which were divided between the server (Global) and profile (Profile), have now been unified.
- You can now batch update PST on your servers. It is no longer necessary to execute the "pst init" command that was required for each version upgrade. However, the first time you update from PST 2 to PST 3, the "pst init" command is required.
- Changes to resource hints are now applied immediately without waiting for the optimization strategy to generate again.
- PST Manager has been updated.
- I has been improved.
- "Acceleration Strategy Mode" has been revamped to "Smart-mode", "Expert-mode", and "Developer-mode".
- How to disable optimization strategies has been clarified.
- It is now possible to see the application status of Strategic AI "David" in the "engagement delay" directive.
- The system-wide log can now be viewed.
- The "pst" command has been updated.
- Refactoring has been done in Python. A list of command options and errors can now be detected.
- These can be executed by “kusanagi” users.
- You can now specify the profile name at the end of the "pst" command.
- The "wp" directive has been discontinued. Please use the "lua" directive.
- "httpd" will no longer be supported. Please use "nginx".
- The "page_speed_technology" directory for each profile has been discontinued.
- "Staging" in PST Manager has been discontinued. Changes are applied immediately after clicking "save".